I get a lot of questions asking what supplements I take. But I’m gonna preface this post with the fact that supplements are a highly subjective topic. It’s like coffee- some people like it, some people don’t, and the people that do all like to take it differently. So take what I’m saying with a grain of salt. There’s no guarantee that the things I like are gonna be the things you like, or what works for me is gonna work for you.
Here’s what’s in my bag:
- Performix- Ion pre-workout, tangerine flavor
- In a nutshell: I like this stuff because it works. I’m anemic, and I’m a very busy person (2 jobs, 19 credits, a sorority, yoga, jiu-jitsu, and lifting). So I need an extra boost of energy before I hit the gym (honestly, if I don’t get that, I’m not gonna go, cause then there’s a large chance I might pass out in the middle of a set just from being so tired). What’s even better is that this pre-workout works on a time-release system– I don’t feel a crash after my workout, and it keeps me sustained for longer lifting sessions of about an hour or an hour and a half. Not to mention this stuff tastes good. It tastes like a mix between orange soda and orange juice, which is amazing. I’ve always been a fan of those flavors.
- Performix Iridium Native Iso Whey^i + Whey Protein, cinnamon toast crisp flavor
- No joke, this stuff tastes like the cinnamon toast crunch cereal, especially when you mix it with milk. IT’S SO GOOD and I’m obsessed. I take this around 10 minutes after I finish working out to give my muscles some food. Again, just like other Performix products, the whey works on a time-release system, to give your body a better chance at absorbing more of the supplement. Not to mention this whey is produced in a clean, low-temperature extraction process, meaning that more protein is preserved (proteins denature in the presence of higher temperatures and pH), so you’re getting the most for what you’re paying for.
- IT ALSO HAS BCAAS IN IT!
- Also, make sure you shake this well. Because sometimes it can clump together if you don’t shake it immediately, or if you let it sit for too long!
- Optimum Nutrition 2:2:2:2 Amino Tabs
- The first thing I’m gonna say is that these pills are huge. Actually, though. They’re bigger than the size of a quarter, and if you can’t take pills, don’t bother investing in these. You could probably chew them or chop them into small pieces, but I haven’t tried. Anyway, I take these because not only do they function as a BCAA supplement, but they also have whey in them. I take these when I take my whey (after I workout), and I’ve noticed a difference in recovery time and soreness. Not to mention, I really think these helped my skin clear up. I’ve always been a fan of Optimum Nutrition’s protein/BCAA products.
- Performix TCP capsules
- I take these when I wake up every morning. Again, they work on a time-release system. They automatically wake me up and make me more awake and focused.
- See my review on these here.
- Performix ISO 9:2:2 V2X , blackberry lemonade flavor
- I use this rather than the amino tabs on days where I work out earlier or need a little more energy. It has a little caffeine boost so it’s good for when I sit at my desk at work or school and need something to sip on. I can add one scoop in a full blender bottle and refill with water 1-1.5 times, and it still tastes delicious. These also help with recovery time and soreness, and have a huge impact on rehydrating the body. And, again, work on a time release system (which I am clearly a fan of).
- The usuals: headphones, wrist tape, water bottle and shaker bottle
- I think these speak for themselves.
If you liked this post, and want to read more in the future, please make sure you click the “Subscribe” button in the sidebar! You’ll get notifications of new posts on this blog via e-mail. And no, you won’t receive any spam.